There are many wrong ways to know your customers.
With Consumers, statistics can mislead. Averages. You might ask for opinion, for comparative preference. Not for their money.
There are many more wrong ways to know your B2B customers.
- Through the words of enterprise sales.
- Through the numbers of corporate strategy.
- Through the logos on charts from business development.
- Through lip service of people not deciding.
- Through „alignment“ which most often means thin compromise.
- Through „commitment“ which most often means there are no hard consequences.
Talk to people that can decide to buy from your company. Ask them for their money. That is how you get to know your customers.